Whats going on tonight?
Bands in Cookstown, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cookstown area for "Bands" of Cookstown. Featuring band, bands, gig, gigs and Bands in Cookstown, Cookstown District, Corchoney Cross Roads, Cross Roads, Donaghey, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Cookstown. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Cookstown for Bands
Cookstown (Irish: An Chorr Chríochach, IPA:[ˈanˠˈxoːɾˠɾˠˈçɾʲiːxəx]) is a small town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is the fourth largest town in the county and had a population of 11,599 in the 2011 census. It, along with Magherafelt and Dungannon, is one of the main towns in the Mid-Ulster council area. It was founded around 1620 when the townlands in the area were leased by an English ecclesiastical lawyer, Dr. Alan Cooke, from the Archbishop of Armagh, who had been granted the lands after the Flight of the Earls during the Plantation of Ulster. It was one of the main centres of the linen industry west of the River Bann, and until 1956, the processes of flax spinning, weaving, bleaching and beetling were carried out in the town.
Related locations in Cookstown:
More of tonight for Cookstown:
Cookstown: 54.633333, -6.550000
- Easter in Cookstown tonight
- EU Election in Cookstown tonight
- Events in Cookstown tonight
- Exhibitions in Cookstown tonight
- Family Events in Cookstown tonight
- Festivals in Cookstown tonight
- Firework Displays in Cookstown tonight
- Fitness in Cookstown tonight
- Flooding in Cookstown tonight
- Football in Cookstown tonight