Whats going on tonight?
Black Friday in Millom, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Black Friday" of Millom. Featuring blackFriday, friday, black friday, deals, sales, discount, black tag, offers, games consoles, smartphones, tvs and Black Friday in Millom, Ullock, Ulpha, Ulverstone, Ulverston, Underbarrow, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Millom. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Millom for Black Friday
Millom is a town and civil parish on the north shore of the estuary of the River Duddon around 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Barrow-in-Furness (however by road via the estuary the distance is 23 miles (37.0 km)) and 26 miles (41.8 km) south of Whitehaven in southwest Cumbria, historically part of Cumberland, England, it is situated just outside the Lake District National Park.
Millom was constructed as a new town, beginning in 1866 and subsumed the village of Holborn Hill. Built around ironworks, the town grew to a size of over 10,000 people by the 1960s, but has struggled since the works were closed in 1968. Culturally, Millom is notable as the birthplace of poet Norman Nicholson, and as a major centre of amateur rugby league.
The name is Cumbrian dialect for "At the mills". The town is accessible both by rail and by an A class road.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Millom:
Millom: 54.200000, -3.266667
- Snowing in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Sports in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Spring Equinox in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Student Clubbing in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Summer Solstice in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Super Saturday in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Takeaway in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Tennis in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Thanksgiving in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Theatre in Millom, Cumbria tonight