Whats going on tonight?
Bonfire Night in Gwytherin, Conwy, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Conwy area for "Bonfire Night" of Gwytherin. Featuring bonfire, fireworks, guy fawkes, gunpowder plot, 5th november and Bonfire Night in Gwytherin, , Tal-y-Cafn, Trefriw, Yspytty Evan, Yspytty-Ifan, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Gwytherin. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Gwytherin for Bonfire Night
Gwytherin is a village in Conwy county borough, Wales. It lies in a small valley through which the River Cledwen flows and has been winner of 'Best Kept Village' on four occasions. Its church is dedicated to Saint Winefrid (Welsh: Gwenfrewy gwenfrewi; Medieval Latin: Winefrida).
In the centre of the village opposite the Lion Inn is the Church of St Winifred which was built and dedicated to her in 1869. The church is believed to have originated in the mid-600s CE up by Prince Eleri who then went on to set up a double monastery in the village. He was the Abbot to the monks, and his cousin's daughter, St. Gwenffrewi, was the Abbess to the nuns.
In the churchyard are three ancient yew trees and a row of four ancient standing stones approximately one metre high and aligned roughly east to west. The first stone carries a carving and what appears to be a 'W'.
The church is one of the major places visited on the North Wales Pilgrims Way.
Related locations in Conwy:
More of tonight for Gwytherin:
Gwytherin: 53.133333, -3.683333
- New Year in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- New Year Breaks in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Night Classes in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- On Tour in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Online Gaming in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Pancake Day in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Pantomime in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Pubs in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Radio in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight
- Religious Events in Gwytherin, Conwy tonight