Whats going on tonight?
Bonfire Night in Snelston, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "Bonfire Night" of Snelston. Featuring bonfire, fireworks, guy fawkes, gunpowder plot, 5th november and Bonfire Night in Snelston, Draycott, Dronfield, Duffield, Earl Sterndale, Eckington, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Snelston. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Snelston for Bonfire Night
Snelston is a village and civil parish three miles south-west of Ashbourne in Derbyshire, England. It includes Anacrehill. The population of the civil parish as of the 2011 census was 202. A tributary of the River Dove flows through its centre.
The building in the foreground of the photo above is Lower Lodge which stands at the entrance of Snelston Hall. Beyond the lodge is St Peter's Church, Snelston.
Snelston Hall was built in 1827 and was demolished in 1951. The local squire, John Harrison had the village remodelled and a new school built in 1847. The village buildings were designed by the architect Lewis Nockalls Cottingham. This is now a model village.
The parish church of St Peter was substantially rebuilt (except for the tower) in 1825. It is one of the few churches to have had dances regularly held on the roof.Snelston has a village website with more information at www.snelston.com
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for Snelston:
Snelston: 52.966667, -1.766667
- Super Saturday in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Takeaway in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Tennis in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Theatre in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- TV in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Valentines Day in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Weather in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight
- Zante 2016 in Snelston, Derbyshire tonight