Whats going on tonight?
Brexit in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Brexit" of Burgh by Sands. Featuring Brexit, Leave the EU, Brexit Party, Change UK, January 31st 2020, Brexit Celebration and Brexit in Burgh by Sands, Kirkoswald, Kirksanton, Knock, Koswick, Lake Side, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Burgh by Sands. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Burgh by Sands for Brexit
Burgh by Sands ( (listen) "Brough") is a village and civil parish in the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, England, situated near the Solway Firth. The parish includes the village of Burgh by Sands along with Longburgh, Dykesfield, Boustead Hill, Moorhouse and Thurstonfield. It is notable as the site of the first recorded African (Moorish) community in Britain, guarding the Roman fort of Aballava in the 3rd century A.D.. It is also where Edward I of England died in 1307.According to the 2011 census the parish had a population of 1,176. The village is about seven miles (11 km) west of Carlisle city centre. The village has a primary school, a pub and a post office. It also has a statue of Edward I at some distance to the north. Burgh was on the Carlisle Navigation canal from 1823 to 1853, after which it was served by the Port Carlisle railway, which was built on the bed of the canal, until its closure in 1932. From 1856 to 1964, railway trains operating on the Carlisle to Silloth line once again stopped at Burgh-by-sands station.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Burgh by Sands:
Burgh by Sands: 54.916667, -3.050000
- Arts and Crafts in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Awards Events in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Ayia Napa 2016 in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Bands in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Bank Holiday in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Bars in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Black Friday in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Bonfire Night in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Book Launch in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Burgh by Sands, Cumbria tonight