Whats going on tonight?
Christmas Breaks in Beckfoot, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Christmas Breaks" of Beckfoot. Featuring christmas, xmas, crimbo, breaks, christmas breaks, winter, winter breaks, gifts, festive season, stay, staycation, hotel, bed and breakfasts, motels, events, accommodation and Christmas Breaks in Beckfoot, Maryport, Maulds Meaburn, Mawbray, Mealsgate, Melmerby, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Beckfoot. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Beckfoot for Christmas Breaks
Beckfoot Bridge (also known as the Packhorse Bridge) was historically a significant crossing point over Harden Beck
in Bingley, West Yorkshire, England.The cost of repair and maintenance of bridges was meted out by either the county, wapentake, parish or township, dependent on the bridge's importance.
Beckfoot Bridge was the responsibility of Bingley Township as Ireland and Cottingley bridges were built rebuilt in stone and afforded better links to the town.It was constructed alongside the historical ford across the beck in 1723, replacing a previous wooden bridge.
Two contractors were paid £10 to build the bridge and to maintain it and keep it in good order for seven years. It is wide enough for pedestrians or single file horses.
In 1974 it was given grade II listed building status.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Beckfoot:
Beckfoot: 54.383333, -3.283333
- Pubs in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Radio in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Religious Events in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Restaurants in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Rugby in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Snowing in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Sports in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Spring Equinox in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Student Clubbing in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight
- Summer Solstice in Beckfoot, Cumbria tonight