Whats going on tonight?
Christmas Party in Turville, Buckinghamshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Buckinghamshire area for "Christmas Party" of Turville. Featuring christmas, xmas, crimbo, party, parties, work, night out, party table, christmas party and Christmas Party in Turville, Claydon, Cliveden, County of Buckinghamshire, Creslow, Cublington, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Turville. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Turville for Christmas Party
Turville is a village and civil parish in Buckinghamshire, England. It is in the Chiltern Hills, 5 miles (8.0 km) west of High Wycombe and 5 miles (8.0 km) north of Henley-on-Thames. The name is Anglo-Saxon in origin and means 'dry field'. It was recorded in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle in 796 as Thyrefeld.
The manor of Turville once belonged to the abbey at St Albans, but was seized by the Crown in the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1547. The manor house has since been rebuilt as Turville Park. The present incumbent of the manor is Lord Sainsbury. Turville was home to Ellen Sadler, who fell asleep in 1871, aged eleven, and purportedly did not wake for nine years, becoming known as the "Sleeping Girl of Turville". The case attracted international attention from newspapers, medical professionals and the public. Rumours persist in the region that Sadler was visited by royalty for a "laying on of hands". The local pub is the Bull and Butcher. Turville Hill is a Site of Special Scientific Importance, and it includes Cobstone Windmill.
Related locations in Buckinghamshire:
More of tonight for Turville:
Turville: 51.600000, -0.883333
- Christmas Markets in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Cinema in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Clubbing in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Comedy in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Concerts in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Coronavirus in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Cricket in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Cyber Monday in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Dating Events in Turville, Buckinghamshire tonight