Whats going on tonight?
Christmas in Shaftesbury, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Christmas" of Shaftesbury. Featuring christmas, xmas, crimbo, festive season, frozen, iTunes, presents, santa, toys, stockings, sales, turkey and Christmas in Shaftesbury, Studland, Sturminster Marshall, Sturminster Newton, Swanage, Swyre, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Shaftesbury. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Shaftesbury for Christmas
Shaftesbury () is a town and civil parish in Dorset, England. It is situated on the A30 road, 20 miles (32 km) west of Salisbury, near to the border with Wiltshire. It is the only significant hilltop settlement in Dorset, being built about 215 metres (705 ft) above sea level on a greensand hill on the edge of Cranborne Chase.
The town looks over the Blackmore Vale, part of the River Stour basin. From different viewpoints, it is possible to see at least as far as Glastonbury Tor to the northwest.
Shaftesbury is the site of the former Shaftesbury Abbey, which was founded in 888 by King Alfred and became one of the richest religious establishments in the country, before being destroyed in the Dissolution in 1539. Adjacent to the abbey site is Gold Hill, a steep cobbled street used in the 1970s as the setting for Ridley Scott's television advertisement for Hovis bread.
In the 2011 Census the town's civil parish had a population of 7,314.
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Christmas':
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Shaftesbury:
Shaftesbury: 51.005278, -2.193333
- Concerts in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Coronavirus in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Cricket in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Cyber Monday in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Dating Events in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Diwali in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- DJs in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Easter in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- EU Election in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight
- Events in Shaftesbury, Dorset tonight