Whats going on tonight?
Clubbing in Coalport, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "Clubbing" of Coalport. Featuring club, clubbing, disco, rave and Clubbing in Coalport, Kilpatrick, Kinachdrach, Kingarth, Kintour, Kintra, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Coalport. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Coalport for Clubbing
Coalport, Shropshire, England was a centre of porcelain and pottery production between about 1795 ("inaccurately" claimed as 1750 by the company) and 1926, with the Coalport porcelain brand continuing to be used up to the present. The opening in 1792 of the Coalport Canal, which joins the River Severn at Coalport, had increased the attractiveness of the site, and from 1800 until a merger in 1814 there were two factories operating, one on each side of the canal, making rather similar wares which are now often difficult to tell apart.Both factories made mostly tablewares that had elaborate overglaze decoration, mostly with floral subjects. A further round of mergers in 1819 brought moulds and skilled staff from Nantgarw porcelain and Swansea porcelain to Coalbrook, which continued to thrive through the rest of the century. The Coalport factory was founded by John Rose in 1795; he continued to run it successfully until his death in 1841. The company often sold its wares as Coalbrookdale porcelain, especially the pieces with flowers modelled in three dimensions, and they may be called Coalport China.
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Coalport:
Coalport: 52.616667, -2.450000
- Comedy in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Concerts in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Coronavirus in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Cricket in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Cyber Monday in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Dating Events in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Diwali in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- DJs in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Easter in Coalport, Argyll and Bute tonight