Whats going on tonight?
Concerts in Arbroath, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Concerts" of Arbroath. Featuring concert, arena, gigs, bands, reunion and Concerts in Arbroath, Tealing, Usan, Westmuir, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Arbroath. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Arbroath for Concerts
Arbroath () or Aberbrothock (Scottish Gaelic: Obar Bhrothaig [ˈopəɾ ˈvɾo.ɪkʲ]) is a former royal burgh and the largest town in the council area of Angus in Scotland, and has a population of 23,902. It lies on the North Sea coast, around 16 miles (25.7 km) ENE of Dundee and 45 miles (72.4 km) SSW of Aberdeen.
While there is evidence for settlement of the area now occupied by the town that dates back to the Iron Age, Arbroath's history as a town begins in the High Middle Ages with the founding of Arbroath Abbey in 1178. Arbroath grew considerably during the Industrial Revolution owing to the expansion of firstly the flax and secondly the jute industries and the engineering sector. A new harbour was built in 1839 and by the 20th century, Arbroath had become one of the larger fishing ports in Scotland.
The town is notable as the home of the Declaration of Arbroath, as well as the Arbroath smokie. The town's football team, Arbroath Football Club, hold the world record for the highest number of goals scored in a professional football match. They won 36–0 against Aberdeen Bon Accord in the Scottish Cup in 1885.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Arbroath:
Arbroath: 56.550000, -2.583333
- Acoustic in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Arts and Crafts in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Awards Events in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Ayia Napa 2016 in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Bands in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Bank Holiday in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Bars in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Black Friday in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Bonfire Night in Arbroath, Angus tonight
- Book Launch in Arbroath, Angus tonight