Whats going on tonight?
Cricket in Hognaston, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "Cricket" of Hognaston. Featuring cricket, scores, fixtures and Cricket in Hognaston, Smalley, Snelston, Somersal Herbert, Somersall Herbert, South Normanton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Hognaston. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Hognaston for Cricket
'Hognaston is a small village and civil parish in Derbyshire, East Midlands, England.
Hognaston has a population of approximately 200; including Atlow and increasing at the 2011 Census to 366, and has a play area, pub, church and a village hall.
Built on the side of a valley, which ends at the start of the river, it is made up of mostly newer houses but there are some older 17th and 18th century farm houses and cottages. Due to the dam at Carsington Reservoir, the lower part of the village cannot get mobile phone signal, digital TV through an aerial, or very good radio quality.
St Bartholomew's Church in the centre of the village dates back to the 12th century, the doorway and the middle section dates back to Norman times, shown by the stone carving over the door. This shows a bishop with crook, a lamb with cross, two fishes, a hog and other beasts. It is thought to represent the Agnus Dei. The church is home to Derbyshire's oldest church bell (early 13th century).The village hall was built in 1982 from the stones of the houses submerged by Carsington reservoir.
Hognaston forms part of the Derbyshire Dales local government district.
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for Hognaston:
Hognaston: 53.050000, -1.650000
- Spring Equinox in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Student Clubbing in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Summer Solstice in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Super Saturday in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Takeaway in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Tennis in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Theatre in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- TV in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight
- Valentines Day in Hognaston, Derbyshire tonight