Whats going on tonight?
EU Election in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Blackburn with Darwen area for "EU Election" of Feniscowles. Featuring Brexit Party, Change UK, Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, Plaid Cymru, SNP, Green Party, election, manifesto, key priority, main pledges, NHS, Tax and VAT, Energy and Environment, Parliament, Brexit, EU and EU Election in Feniscowles, Fenniscowles, Lower Darrven, Lower Darwen, Meadowbank, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Feniscowles. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Feniscowles for EU Election
Feniscowles is a village in the unitary authority of Blackburn with Darwen, Lancashire, England. It is situated approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Blackburn. Part of the village is in the civil parish
The village is mentioned in documents as early as 1276 when its name was recorded as 'Feinycholes'.The village is primarily a suburb of Blackburn, situated on Preston Old Road near the boundary with the borough of Chorley (borough). Many houses in the village have been built since the 1960s, including the Park Farm and Feniscowles Bridge areas.
The village is located on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. Bridge 92, to the south of the village, also known as Millfield Bridge, is a Grade II listed building and is described by English Heritage as: "Accommodation bridge over Leeds-Liverpool Canal. 1811-16, Supervising Engineer probably Joseph Priestley. Squared sandstone. Elliptical portal with rusticated voussoirs and keystone, band, parapet with ridge coping, pilastered ends to curved keepers".The village also lies on the Blackburn to Chorley railway line, which was built in 1866–69. The village's railway station closed in 1960, with the line closing completely in 1968. Industry in the village includes a Sappi Blackburn Mill, originally built in 1875 as the Star Paper Mill. Another paper mill, also built in the 1870s and known as the Sun Paper Mill, which closed in 1992 and has now been demolished.
On the edge of the village, next to the River Darwen is Feniscowles New Hall, now a ruin but in the 19th century was the home of the Feilden family.In the village there is a school called Feniscowles Primary.
Related locations in Blackburn with Darwen:
More of tonight for Feniscowles:
Feniscowles: 53.716667, -2.533333
- Exhibitions in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Family Events in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Festivals in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Firework Displays in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Fitness in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Flooding in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Football in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Freshers Week in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- Fund Raising in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight
- General Election in Feniscowles, Blackburn with Darwen tonight