Whats going on tonight?
Events in Auchmithie, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Events" of Auchmithie. Featuring event, events, hotel, venue and Events in Auchmithie, Noranside, Oathlaw, Panbride, Pearsie, Ruthven, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Auchmithie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Auchmithie for Events
Auchmithie is a former fishing village in Angus, Scotland, three miles north east of the town of Arbroath. It sits atop a cliff of red sandstone conglomerate of Devonian date, approximately 120 feet above a shingle beach. Among the pebbles on the beach, derived from those weathered out of the cliffs (themselves derived from pebbles deposited by a massive ancient river-delta), a significant percentage are jasper, predominantly dark red, with rarer examples green or yellow.
In the dilapidated harbour, built 1889 to 1891, and designed by James Barron, there are still some small fishing boats.
The Arbroath Smokie (haddock hot smoked in a particular way) originated in Auchmithie.
Sir Walter Scott stayed in the Waverley Hotel in Auchmithie and described Auchmithie in his novel The Antiquary (1816), under the name 'Musslecrag'.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Auchmithie:
Auchmithie: 56.583333, -2.516667
- Radio in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Religious Events in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Restaurants in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Rugby in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Snowing in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Sports in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Spring Equinox in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Student Clubbing in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Summer Solstice in Auchmithie, Angus tonight
- Super Saturday in Auchmithie, Angus tonight