Whats going on tonight?
Events in Aberteifi, Ceredigion, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Ceredigion area for "Events" of Aberteifi. Featuring event, events, hotel, venue and Events in Aberteifi, Pontrhyfendigaid, Pont Talgareg, Pont-Tyweli, Pren-gwyn, Rhostie, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Aberteifi. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Aberteifi for Events
Cardigan (Welsh: Aberteifi, pronounced [abɛrˈtəivɪ] (listen)) is both a town and a community in the county of Ceredigion, Wales. The town lies on the tidal reach of the River Teifi at the point where Ceredigion meets Pembrokeshire. Cardigan was the county town of the historic county of Cardiganshire. Cardigan is the second-largest town in Ceredigion. The largest town, Aberystwyth, is one of the two administrative centres; the other is Aberaeron.
The settlement at Cardigan was developed around the Norman castle built in the late 11th or early 12th century. The castle was the location of the first National Eisteddfod in 1176. The town became an important port in the 18th century, but declined by the early 20th century owing to its shallow harbour. The castle underwent restoration in 2014.
The population in 2001 was 4,203, reducing slightly to 4,184 at the 2011 census. Modern Cardigan is a compact and busy town, having most of the facilities for retail, education, health, worship and sport.
Related locations in Ceredigion:
More of tonight for Aberteifi:
Aberteifi: 52.250000, -4.000000
- New Year in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- New Year Breaks in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Night Classes in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- On Tour in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Online Gaming in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Pancake Day in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Pantomime in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Pubs in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Radio in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Religious Events in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight