Whats going on tonight?
Events in Gwennap, Cornwall, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cornwall area for "Events" of Gwennap. Featuring event, events, hotel, venue and Events in Gwennap, Zennor, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Gwennap. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Gwennap for Events
Gwennap (Cornish: Pluwwenep, meaning "the Parish of [Saint] Wenappa") is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England. It is about five miles (8 km) southeast of Redruth.In the 18th and early 19th centuries Gwennap parish was the richest copper mining district in Cornwall, and was called the "richest square mile in the Old World". It is the location of the Great County Adit, and once-famous mines such as Consolidated Mines, Poldice mine and Wheal Busy. Today it forms part of area A6i (the Gwennap Mining District) of the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape World Heritage Site.
It lends its name to Gwennap Pit, where John Wesley preached 18 times between 1762 and 1789, although Gwennap Pit is about 1.7 miles (2.7 km) to the northwest, at the hamlet of Busveal near St Day. The pit was caused by mining subsidence in the mid-18th century. After Wesley's death the local people turned the pit into a regular circular shape with turf seats.
Related locations in Cornwall:
More of tonight for Gwennap:
Gwennap: 50.216667, -5.166667
- Cinema in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Clubbing in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Comedy in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Concerts in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Coronavirus in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Cricket in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Cyber Monday in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Dating Events in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- Diwali in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight
- DJs in Gwennap, Cornwall tonight