Whats going on tonight?
Events in Torpoint, Cornwall, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cornwall area for "Events" of Torpoint. Featuring event, events, hotel, venue and Events in Torpoint, Gorran, Grade, Grampound, Gulval, Gunnislake, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Torpoint. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Torpoint for Events
Torpoint (Cornish: Penntorr) is a civil parish and town on the Rame Peninsula in southeast Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated opposite the city of Plymouth across the Hamoaze which is the tidal estuary of the River Tamar.
Torpoint had a population of 8,457 at the 2001 census, decreasing to 8,364 at the 2011 census. Two electoral wards also exist (Torpoint East and West). Their combined populations at the same census were 7,717. In the Cornish language Torpoint is called Penntorr (local folk band Pentorr have taken their name from this).
Torpoint is linked to Plymouth (and Devonport) by the Torpoint Ferry. The three vessels that operate the service are chain ferries – that is, they are propelled across the river by pulling themselves on fixed chains which lie across the bed of the river. The journey takes about seven minutes.
Related locations in Cornwall:
More of tonight for Torpoint:
Torpoint: 50.375000, -4.200833
- Horse Racing in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Hotels in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- January Sales in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- LGBT Events in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Live in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Malia 2016 in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight
- Market in Torpoint, Cornwall tonight