Whats going on tonight?
Exhibitions in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Buckinghamshire area for "Exhibitions" of Fulmer. Featuring exhibitions, exhibits, tour, museums, art gallery, hall, roadshow, public display, trade fair and Exhibitions in Fulmer, Lillingstone, Little Hampden, Little Horwood, Little Kimble, Little Marlow, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Fulmer. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Fulmer for Exhibitions
Fulmer is a village and civil parish in South Buckinghamshire district in Buckinghamshire, England. The village has along most of its northern border a narrow green buffer from Gerrards Cross and is heavily wooded. The village's name is derived from the Old English for "lake frequented by birds". It was recorded in manorial rolls in 1198 as Fugelmere.
In the late 17th century the owners of the manor of Fulmer were forced to sell their house to their servants because they had squandered their money and could not afford to pay them. The manor then passed into the hands of the Duke of Portland.
In the mid-19th century, watercress was grown at Moor Farm, known locally as "The Bog", (now Low Farm) by Richard Whiting Bradbery, the son of William Bradbery, the first British watercress pioneer who had a large cress farm at West Hyde, Hertfordshire. Richard is buried in St James churchyard, Fulmer, with his wife Hannah.
Fulmer Chase on Stoke Common Road is a former home of the Wills tobacco family and was used as a military hospital during World War II.
Many films have been shot in Fulmer, including Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines and Sleepy Hollow.
In July 2011 Fulmer Village was awarded first prize in the Gurney Cup for Buckinghamshire's best kept village (population under 500). It was also awarded the Sword of Swords for achieving the highest score of all villages that entered no matter of size or population.
- Oops! No results! Reload Page
Related Locations for 'Exhibitions':
Related locations in Buckinghamshire:
More of tonight for Fulmer:
Fulmer: 51.550000, -0.550000
- Book Launch in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Brexit in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Burns Night in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Chinese New Year in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Christmas in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire tonight