Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Burstock, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Festivals" of Burstock. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Burstock, West Chickerel, West Compton Abbas, West Compton, West Lulworth, Weston, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Burstock. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Burstock for Festivals
Burstock is a village and civil parish in west Dorset, England, 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Crewkerne. In the 2011 census the parish had 59 dwellings, 49 households and a population of 120.In 1086 Burstock was recorded in the Domesday Book as 'Bureuuinestoch', meaning a farm ('stoc') owned by either 'Burgwine' (a man) or 'Burgwynn' (a woman). It had 12 households, 8 acres of meadow and 3 ploughlands. It was in Whitchurch Canonicorum Hundred, the lord was William Malbank and the tenant-in-chief was Earl Hugh of Chester.Before the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the mid 16th century, Burstock was closely associated with the Cistercian monks at nearby Forde Abbey; at Whetham, in the north of the parish, the abbey developed a mill, and in 1316 the Abbot became Burstock's lord of the manor.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Burstock:
Burstock: 50.816667, -2.816667
- Black Friday in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Bonfire Night in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Book Launch in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Brexit in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Burns Night in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Chinese New Year in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Christmas in Burstock, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Burstock, Dorset tonight