Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Festivals" of Lyme Regis. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Lyme Regis, Chiswell, Christchurch, Compton Abbas, Compton, Corfe Castle, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Lyme Regis. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Lyme Regis for Festivals
Lyme Regis is a town in West Dorset, England, 25 miles (40 km) west of Dorchester and 25 miles (40 km) east of Exeter. Styled "The Pearl of Dorset", it lies at Lyme Bay on the English Channel coast at the Dorset–Devon border. It is noted for fossils found in cliffs and beaches on the Heritage or Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site. The harbour wall – known as "The Cobb" – appears in Jane Austen's novel Persuasion, the John Fowles novel The French Lieutenant's Woman, and the 1981 film of that name, which was partly shot in the town. A former mayor and MP was Admiral Sir George Somers, who founded the English colonial settlement of Somers Isles, now Bermuda, where Lyme Regis is twinned with St George's. In July 2015, Lyme Regis joined Jamestown, Virginia, in a Historic Atlantic Triangle with St George's. The 2011 Census gave the parish and electoral ward a population of 3,671.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Lyme Regis:
Lyme Regis: 50.733333, -2.933333
- Brexit in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Burns Night in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Chinese New Year in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Markets in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Party in Lyme Regis, Dorset tonight