Whats going on tonight?
Festivals in Winfrith, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Festivals" of Winfrith. Featuring festival, park, summer, music, bands, djs and Festivals in Winfrith, Ulwell, Upton, Upwey, Verwood, Wareham, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Winfrith. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Winfrith for Festivals
Winfrith Atomic Energy Establishment, or AEE Winfrith, was a United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority site near Winfrith Newburgh in Dorset. It covered an area on Winfrith Heath to the west of the village of Wool between the A352 road and the South Western Main Line.
Winfrith was set up in order to test a variety of new nuclear reactor designs with the intention of selecting a new design for power generation and other tasks. The main design built at the site was the demonstration steam-generating heavy water reactor (SGHWR) providing power to the National Grid. A number of smaller designs were also constructed at the site.
The site officially opened with the ZENITH reactor in 1960. SGHWR opened in 1967 and was shut down in 1990. All of the reactors have been shut down and are in various stages of removal. The site is now being re-used for other purposes while decommissioning continues.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Winfrith:
Winfrith: 50.650000, -2.266667
- Cricket in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Cyber Monday in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Dating Events in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Diwali in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- DJs in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Easter in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- EU Election in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Events in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Exhibitions in Winfrith, Dorset tonight
- Family Events in Winfrith, Dorset tonight