Whats going on tonight?
Football in Aberlemno, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Football" of Aberlemno. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Aberlemno, Kirkton of Menmuir, Kirkton of Tealing, Kirriemuir, Letham, Liff, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Aberlemno. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Aberlemno for Football
Aberlemno (Gaelic: Obar Leamhnach) is a parish and small village in the Scottish council area of Angus. It is noted for three large carved Pictish stones (and one fragment) dating from the 7th and 8th centuries AD (Historic Scotland); the stones can be viewed at any time in spring-autumn, but are covered by wooden boxes in the winter to prevent frost damage. Two stones (and the fragment) stand by the B9134 Forfar-Brechin road, the Kirkyard Stone stands in the nearby graveyard of the parish church. It is said that a mysterious creature known only as 'mike' haunts the church at night.
The parish of Aberlemno had a population of 544 at the 2011 Census.A genus of fossil plants first found in a nearby quarry is named Aberlemnia in honour of the location.
A notable Scottish-American poet, engineer, and editor, James Mackintosh Kennedy, was born in Aberlemno in 1848, and developed his interest in literature through books lent to him by the Aberlemno church.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Aberlemno:
Aberlemno: 56.683333, -2.766667
- DJs in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Easter in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- EU Election in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Events in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Exhibitions in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Family Events in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Festivals in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Firework Displays in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Fitness in Aberlemno, Angus tonight
- Flooding in Aberlemno, Angus tonight