Whats going on tonight?
Football in Carmyllie, Angus, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Angus area for "Football" of Carmyllie. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Carmyllie, Fishtown of Usan, Forfar County, Forfar, Forfarshire, Forter, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Carmyllie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Carmyllie for Football
The Carmyllie Railway was built in 1855 to enable transport of stone products from the Carmyllie area of Scotland to markets. At the time the stone was highly sought after for the urban development in progress.
The 6.5 miles (10.5 km) line ran to the main line of the Dundee and Arbroath Railway at Elliot Junction railway station.
In 1900 a passenger service was initiated on the line under the terms of Light Railway legislation. It was the first such in Scotland. However it was unsuccessful and ended in 1929.
The line closed completely in May 1965 except for a stub at Elliot which continued to serve a private siding until it too closed in 1984.
Related locations in Angus:
More of tonight for Carmyllie:
Carmyllie: 56.583333, -2.716667
- Freshers Week in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Fund Raising in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- General Election in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Halloween in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Holidays in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Horse Racing in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Hotels in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Carmyllie, Angus tonight
- January Sales in Carmyllie, Angus tonight