Whats going on tonight?
Football in Strangford, Ards, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Ards area for "Football" of Strangford. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Strangford, Drumhirk, Glastry, Greyabbey, Kearney, Kearny, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Strangford. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Strangford for Football
Strangford (from Old Norse Strangr-fjǫrðr, meaning 'strong fjord') is a small village at the mouth of Strangford Lough in County Down, Northern Ireland. It has a population of 475 according to the 2001 Census.
On the other side of the lough is Portaferry. Transport NI, an executive agency of the Department for Infrastructure, operates the Portaferry - Strangford Ferry service across Strangford Lough between the villages of Strangford and Portaferry. To travel the distance between Strangford and Portaferry by road is approximately 75 kilometres and takes about an hour and a half by car. By contrast, the ferry route is approximately 0.6 nautical miles (1.1 km) with a typical crossing time of about 8 minutes. The village has a small harbour, which is overlooked by rows of 19th-century cottages and a fine Georgian terrace.
Related locations in Ards:
More of tonight for Strangford:
Strangford: 54.366667, -5.500000
- Summer Solstice in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Super Saturday in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Takeaway in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Tennis in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Thanksgiving in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Theatre in Strangford, Ards tonight
- TV in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Valentines Day in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Weather in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Zante 2016 in Strangford, Ards tonight