Whats going on tonight?
Football in Skipness, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "Football" of Skipness. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Skipness, Argyllshire, Arinabost, Arinagour, Arnabost, Arnicle, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Skipness. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Skipness for Football
Skipness (Scottish Gaelic: Sgibinis, pronounced [ˈs̪kʲipɪnɪʃ]) is a village on the east coast of Kintyre in Scotland, located just over 7 miles (11 km) south of Tarbert and facing the Isle of Arran.
There is Skipness Castle (a ruined castle) and Kilbrannan Chapel, which contains some rare grave slabs. There is a nearby cafe that serves fresh fish from the area, and beer brewed on Arran, which can be seen from anywhere in Skipness. Also in the area, there is an organic tannery. There are cottages available to rent in Port na Chrò near the village that are situated by a beach. Both the castle and the chapel date from the 13th century, and are maintained by Historic Scotland.
Many of the cottages which can be rented have their own boats and, during the summer months, mackerel and pollack can be caught from them as well as a whole host of other species. There are plenty of walks running from and through Skipness, and many shorter ones are located in the picturesque Skipness Estate (which rents out cottages and serves the seafood). Although Skipness is a tiny village with only one shop, it serves the basics, and there are other communities nearby such as Tarbert and Campbeltown from which groceries can be bought.
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Skipness:
Skipness: 55.766667, -5.350000
- Pubs in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Radio in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Religious Events in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Restaurants in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Rugby in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Snowing in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Sports in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Spring Equinox in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Student Clubbing in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Summer Solstice in Skipness, Argyll and Bute tonight