Whats going on tonight?
Football in Loughgall, Armagh, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Armagh area for "Football" of Loughgall. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Loughgall, Madden, Market Hill, Middletown, Millford, Moughan, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Loughgall. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Loughgall for Football
The Loughgall ambush took place on 8 May 1987 in the village of Loughgall, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. An eight-man unit of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) launched an attack on the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) base in the village. An IRA member drove a digger with a bomb in its bucket through the perimeter fence, while the rest of the unit arrived in a van and fired on the building. The bomb exploded and destroyed almost half of the base. Soldiers from the British Army's Special Air Service (SAS) then returned fire both from within the base and from hidden positions around it in a pre-planned ambush, killing all of the IRA attackers. Two of them were subsequently found to have been unarmed when they were killed.A civilian was also killed and another wounded by the SAS after unwittingly driving into the ambush zone and being mistaken for IRA attackers.The joint British Army/RUC operation was codenamed Operation Judy. It was the IRA's biggest loss of life in a single incident during the Troubles.
Related locations in Armagh:
More of tonight for Loughgall:
Loughgall: 54.416667, -6.600000
- Cinema in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Clubbing in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Comedy in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Concerts in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Coronavirus in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Cricket in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Cyber Monday in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Dating Events in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- Diwali in Loughgall, Armagh tonight
- DJs in Loughgall, Armagh tonight