Whats going on tonight?
Football in Maesteg, Bridgend, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Bridgend area for "Football" of Maesteg. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Maesteg, Betws, Blackmill, Blaengawr, Blaen-ogwr, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Maesteg. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Maesteg for Football
Maesteg is a town and community in Bridgend County Borough, Wales. Maesteg lies at the northernmost end of the Llynfi Valley, close to the border with Neath Port Talbot. In 2011, Maesteg had a population of 20,612. The English translation of Maesteg is 'fair field'.
Historically a part of Glamorgan, the growth of the town started with the opening of ironworks in the 1820s, and 1830s. Once a coal mining area, the last pit closed in 1985. With the decline of the coal industry and, more recently, the closure of one large factory producing cosmetics and another manufacturing vehicle components, the valley has become a residential/dormitory area for the Port Talbot, Bridgend and Cardiff journey to work areas. 11% (1,867 out of 20,702) of the town's population speak Welsh with 27.9% of 3-15 year olds speaking the language. It is one of the few areas of Wales where the traditional Mari Lwyd is still celebrated during Christmas.
The community of Maesteg had a population of 17,580 in the 2011 census and includes Nantyffyllon. The built-up area having a population of 21,000.
Related locations in Bridgend:
More of tonight for Maesteg:
Maesteg: 51.605000, -3.650833
- New Year in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- New Year Breaks in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Night Classes in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- On Tour in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Online Gaming in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Pancake Day in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Pantomime in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Pubs in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Radio in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight
- Religious Events in Maesteg, Bridgend tonight