Whats going on tonight?
Football in Aberteifi, Ceredigion, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Ceredigion area for "Football" of Aberteifi. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Aberteifi, Llangunllo, Llangwyryfon, Llangybi, Llangynllo, Llanilar, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Aberteifi. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Aberteifi for Football
Cardigan (Welsh: Aberteifi, pronounced [abɛrˈtəivɪ] (listen)) is both a town and a community in the county of Ceredigion, Wales. The town lies on the tidal reach of the River Teifi at the point where Ceredigion meets Pembrokeshire. Cardigan was the county town of the historic county of Cardiganshire. Cardigan is the second-largest town in Ceredigion. The largest town, Aberystwyth, is one of the two administrative centres; the other is Aberaeron.
The settlement at Cardigan was developed around the Norman castle built in the late 11th or early 12th century. The castle was the location of the first National Eisteddfod in 1176. The town became an important port in the 18th century, but declined by the early 20th century owing to its shallow harbour. The castle underwent restoration in 2014.
The population in 2001 was 4,203, reducing slightly to 4,184 at the 2011 census. Modern Cardigan is a compact and busy town, having most of the facilities for retail, education, health, worship and sport.
Related locations in Ceredigion:
More of tonight for Aberteifi:
Aberteifi: 52.250000, -4.000000
- Freshers Week in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Fund Raising in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- General Election in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Halloween in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Holidays in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Horse Racing in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Hotels in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- January Sales in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Aberteifi, Ceredigion tonight