Whats going on tonight?
Football in Magheralin, Craigavon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Craigavon area for "Football" of Magheralin. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Magheralin, Maghery, Milltown, Moira, Moorefield, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Magheralin. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Magheralin for Football
Magheralin (from Irish: Machaire Lainne, meaning "plain of the church") is a village and civil parish in County Down, Northern Ireland. It is on the main Moira to Lurgan road, beside the River Lagan. It had a population of 1,144 people in the 2001 Census. The civil parish of Magheralin covers areas of counties Armagh and Down.Its original name was Lann Rónáin Fhinn, "church of Ronan Finn", a saint from the famous tale Buile Shuibhne (The Madness of Sweeney). The parish church was built in medieval times and its remains form part of the ruined church in the old village graveyard. The post-medieval settlement appears to have developed along the main road and near to the parish church, with an industrial focus to the south, beside the river. The village is grouped around the junction of a number of roads, and has an attractive parish church and several fine planters' houses, such as Blacklion and Drumcro by Newforge Bridge over the River Lagan. There are two village churches dating back to the 1840s and displaying fine architecture and stained glass.
Related locations in Craigavon:
More of tonight for Magheralin:
Magheralin: 54.466667, -6.266667
- Events in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Exhibitions in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Family Events in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Festivals in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Firework Displays in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Fitness in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Flooding in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Freshers Week in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight
- Fund Raising in Magheralin, Craigavon tonight