Whats going on tonight?
Football in Aikton, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Football" of Aikton. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Aikton, Boot, Bootle, Borrow Bridge, Bothel, Bowland Bridge, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Aikton. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Aikton for Football
Aikton is a small village in the north of the English county of Cumbria. The nearest town is Wigton 3 miles away, and the nearest city is Carlisle at 8 miles. Aikton is located 5 1⁄2 miles (8.9 km) south of the Scottish border, in the centre of the Channel of the River Eden. It is in the historic county of Cumberland.
There is a pub, phonebox and postbox; but no shops. The local church, St Andrew's, is over 900 years old, and is one of the oldest in the region. Pevsner says that it has a "solid C12 w[est] front" and gives details of Norman and Early English Period work on the church."The village pub, the 'Aikton Inn', was constructed in the 18th century and is also used as a Bed and Breakfast facility. Many houses in Aikton have views of the Lake District. The surrounding area is almost entirely farmland, containing cows usually.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Aikton:
Aikton: 54.866667, -3.133333
- Awards Events in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Ayia Napa 2016 in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Bands in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Bank Holiday in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Bars in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Black Friday in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Bonfire Night in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Book Launch in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Aikton, Cumbria tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Aikton, Cumbria tonight