Whats going on tonight?
Football in Croglin, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Football" of Croglin. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Croglin, Fingland, Flimby, Flookborough, Flookburgh, Frizington, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Croglin. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Croglin for Football
The Vampire of Croglin Grange is a vampire legend that took place in Cumberland, England. The story first appeared in Story of My Life by Augustus Hare, written in the 1890s. In 1929, Montague Summers republished the story along with the first chapter of Varney the Vampire. He pointed out that the two stories were very similar and should be dismissed as folklore.
Charles G. Harper challenged the Hare book in 1924 after visiting the area. He found no evidence that Croglin Grange ever even existed, but did however find two similar buildings called Croglin High Hall and Croglin Low Hall. Neither fit the description of the place in the book. Eventually, after much research, he came to the conclusion that Croglin Low Hall was the place Hare had referred to in the book, even though a chapel had not existed nearby in many years.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Croglin:
Croglin: 54.800000, -2.650000
- Restaurants in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Rugby in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Snowing in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Sports in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Spring Equinox in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Student Clubbing in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Summer Solstice in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Super Saturday in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Takeaway in Croglin, Cumbria tonight
- Tennis in Croglin, Cumbria tonight