Whats going on tonight?
Football in Millom, Cumbria, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Cumbria area for "Football" of Millom. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Millom, Westward, Wetheral, Whitbeck, Whitehaven, Whitrigg Lees, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Millom. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Millom for Football
Millom is a town and civil parish on the north shore of the estuary of the River Duddon around 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Barrow-in-Furness (however by road via the estuary the distance is 23 miles (37.0 km)) and 26 miles (41.8 km) south of Whitehaven in southwest Cumbria, historically part of Cumberland, England, it is situated just outside the Lake District National Park.
Millom was constructed as a new town, beginning in 1866 and subsumed the village of Holborn Hill. Built around ironworks, the town grew to a size of over 10,000 people by the 1960s, but has struggled since the works were closed in 1968. Culturally, Millom is notable as the birthplace of poet Norman Nicholson, and as a major centre of amateur rugby league.
The name is Cumbrian dialect for "At the mills". The town is accessible both by rail and by an A class road.
Related locations in Cumbria:
More of tonight for Millom:
Millom: 54.200000, -3.266667
- Boxing Day Sales in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Brexit in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Burns Night in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Chinese New Year in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Millom, Cumbria tonight
- Christmas Markets in Millom, Cumbria tonight