Whats going on tonight?
Football in New Mills, Derbyshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Derbyshire area for "Football" of New Mills. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in New Mills, Little Eaton, Little Hucklow, Long Eaton, Longford, Longstone, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in New Mills. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in New Mills for Football
New Mills is a town in Derbyshire, England. It is approximately 8 miles (13 km) south-east of Stockport and 13 miles (21 km) from Manchester, at the confluence of the rivers Goyt and Sett, close to the border of Cheshire. The town stands above the Torrs, a 70 feet (21 m) deep gorge, cut through Woodhead Hill Sandstone of the Carboniferous period. It is on the north-western edge of the Peak District, England's first national park.
New Mills has a population of approximately 12,000, in a civil parish which includes the villages and hamlets of Whitle, Thornsett, Hague Bar, Rowarth, Brookbottom, Gowhole and most of Birch Vale.
New Mills was first noted for coal mining, then for cotton spinning, bleaching and calico printing. New Mills was served by the Peak Forest Canal, three railway lines and the A6 trunk road. Redundant mills were bought up in the mid-twentieth century by sweet manufacturer Swizzels Matlow. New Mills was a stronghold of Methodism.
Related locations in Derbyshire:
More of tonight for New Mills:
New Mills: 53.366667, -1.916667
- Christmas in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Breaks in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Markets in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Christmas Party in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Cinema in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Clubbing in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight
- Comedy in New Mills, Derbyshire tonight