Whats going on tonight?
Football in Brentor, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Brentor. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Brentor, Challacombe, Chapelton, Chardstock, Charles, Chawleigh, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Brentor. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Brentor for Football
Brentor is a village in West Devon, England. Its population in 2001 was 423. The village is dominated by the hill of Brent Tor, topped by the village's church.
The origins of the name Brentor are old Devonian, a Brythonic Celtic language related to Cornish, Welsh and Breton and spoken in Devon until the early Middle Ages 'Bryn' and 'tor' meaning 'hill of the rock tower'. There is a farm near Brentor, which is named Brinsabach, from 'Bryn' and 'bach', meaning 'small hill' (named after the Tor).
The village used to be part of Tavistock Hundred. Brentor railway station served the village. The topographer William Crossing was for part of his life resident at Brentor. Burnville House (or Farm) was built in about 1800 and is listed on the English Heritage Register
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Brentor:
Brentor: 50.600000, -4.166667
- Super Saturday in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Takeaway in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Tennis in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Thanksgiving in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Theatre in Brentor, Devon tonight
- TV in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Valentines Day in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Weather in Brentor, Devon tonight
- Zante 2016 in Brentor, Devon tonight