Whats going on tonight?
Football in Cornworthy, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Cornworthy. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Cornworthy, Thornbury, Thorverton, Throwleigh, Thrushelton, Thurlestone, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Cornworthy. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Cornworthy for Football
Cornworthy is a village and civil parish in the South Hams, Devon, England.
The hamlet of East Cornworthy lies due east of the village at grid reference SX847552.
The nearby Cornworthy Priory, originally established for nuns of the order of St. Austin, is now a Grade I listed building.
Cornworthy Church contains the tomb of the Harris family, who were Lords of the Manor from the mid-sixteenth century onwards. It was erected by Lady Elizabeth Harris, widow of Sir Thomas Harris, in 1611, to the memory of her husband who died in 1610. Elizabeth is buried in the tomb, as are several other members of the family including Sir Edward Harris (died 1636), eldest son of Thomas and Elizabeth. Edward spent much of his life in Ireland, where he became a substantial landowner and Chief Justice of Munster. He was the grandfather of the celebrated faith healer Valentine Greatrakes. Thomas and Elizabeth's family also included Anne who became a noted poet.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Cornworthy:
Cornworthy: 50.383333, -3.650000
- Bonfire Night in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Book Launch in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Brexit in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Burns Night in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Chinese New Year in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Christmas in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Cornworthy, Devon tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Cornworthy, Devon tonight