Whats going on tonight?
Football in Portlemouth, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Portlemouth. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Portlemouth, Weare Giffard, Weare Gifford, Wear Gifford, Wear, Welcombe, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Portlemouth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Portlemouth for Football
East Portlemouth is a small Devon village situated at the southern end of the Kingsbridge Estuary, on the south Devon Coast. The population of this parish taken at the 2011 census was 162. The village is sited on a hill giving views to the north to Kingsbridge and on a clear day as far as Dartmoor. There is a small ferry that runs to Salcombe and a beach that is popular with holidaymakers.
The place-name 'Portlemouth' is first attested in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it appears as Porlamuta. This is thought to derive from the Old English Portwellan-mutha, meaning 'mouth of the port well', that is to say 'mouth of the harbour stream', the village being at the mouth of a river.The village is popular with celebrities as a second-home base, where home owners include Steve Rider, Kate Bush and Michael Parkinson.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Portlemouth:
Portlemouth: 50.233333, -3.750000
- Motor Racing in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- New Year in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- New Year Breaks in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Night Classes in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- On Tour in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Online Gaming in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Pancake Day in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Pantomime in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Pubs in Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Radio in Portlemouth, Devon tonight