Whats going on tonight?
Football in Upottery, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Football" of Upottery. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Upottery, Holne, Holsworthy, Honiton Clyst, Honiton, Hope, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Upottery. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Upottery for Football
RAF Upottery (also known as Smeatharpe) is a former World War II airfield in East Devon, England. The airfield is located near the village of Upottery, approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north-northeast of the town of Honiton.
Opened in 1944, it was used by the Royal Air Force, United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) and United States Navy. During the war it was used primarily as a transport airfield and for antisubmarine patrols. It was closed in 1948 after the end of the war and today the remains of the airfield are located on private property being used as agricultural fields.
Upottery received much attention in 2001 when it appeared in the first episode of the television mini-series Band of Brothers. It was from Upottery that Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division boarded Douglas C-47 transports and made their first combat jump into Normandy on 6 June 1944.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Upottery:
Upottery: 50.866667, -3.133333
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Christmas Markets in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Christmas Party in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Cinema in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Clubbing in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Comedy in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Concerts in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Coronavirus in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Cricket in Upottery, Devon tonight