Whats going on tonight?
Football in Blandford Forum, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Football" of Blandford Forum. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Blandford Forum, Herne, Highcliffe, Hilton, Holwell, Hooke, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Blandford Forum. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Blandford Forum for Football
Blandford Forum ( BLAN-fərd), commonly Blandford, is a market town in Dorset, England, sited by the River Stour about 13 mi (21 km) northwest of Poole. It was the administrative headquarters of North Dorset District until April 2019, when this was abolished and its area incorporated into the new Dorset unitary authority.
Blandford is notable for its Georgian architecture, the result of rebuilding after the majority of the town was destroyed by a fire in 1731. The rebuilding work was assisted by an Act of Parliament and a donation by George II, and the rebuilt town centre—to designs by local architects John and William Bastard—has survived to the present day largely intact.
Blandford Camp, a military base, is sited on the hills two miles to the north east of the town. It is the base of the Royal Corps of Signals, the communications wing of the British Army, and the site of the Royal Signals Museum.
Dorset County Council estimates that in 2013 the town's civil parish had a population of 10,610. The town's economy is based on a mix of the service sector and light industry, and provides employment for about 4,000 people.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Blandford Forum:
Blandford Forum: 50.866667, -2.166667
- Freshers Week in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Fund Raising in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- General Election in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Halloween in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Holidays in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Horse Racing in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Hotels in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight
- January Sales in Blandford Forum, Dorset tonight