Whats going on tonight?
Football in Puddletown, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Football" of Puddletown. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Puddletown, Corscombe, County of Dorset, Cranborne, Daggons, Dewlish, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Puddletown. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Puddletown for Football
Puddletown is a village and civil parish in Dorset, England. It is situated by the River Piddle, from which it derives its name, about 4.5 miles (7 km) northeast of the county town Dorchester. Its earlier name Piddletown fell out of favour, probably because of connotations of the word "piddle". The name Puddletown was officially sanctioned in the late 1950s. Puddletown's civil parish covers 2,908 hectares (7,185 acres) and extends to the River Frome to the south. In 2013 the estimated population of the civil parish was 1,450.
Puddletown's parish church has significant architectural interest, particularly its furnishings and monuments. It has a 12th-century font and well-preserved woodwork, including 17th-century box pews. Thomas Hardy took an interest in the church, and the village provided the inspiration for the fictional settlement of Weatherbury in his novel Far from the Madding Crowd; Weatherbury Farm, the home of principal character Bathsheba Everdene, is based on a manor house within the parish.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Puddletown:
Puddletown: 50.750000, -2.350000
- Rugby in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Snowing in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Sports in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Spring Equinox in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Student Clubbing in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Summer Solstice in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Super Saturday in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Takeaway in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Tennis in Puddletown, Dorset tonight
- Thanksgiving in Puddletown, Dorset tonight