Whats going on tonight?
Football in Sherburn Hill, Durham, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Durham area for "Football" of Sherburn Hill. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Sherburn Hill, Hury, Hutton Henry, Hutton Magna, Ingleton, Kirk Merrington, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Sherburn Hill. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Sherburn Hill for Football
Sherburn Hill is a village in County Durham, in England. It is situated to the east of Sherburn.
From 1835 to 1965, the Sherburn Hill Colliery operated near the village. In 1851, the Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Church was established in Sherburn Hill. Since the merger with the nearby Bethel Wesleyan Methodist Church in 1968, the church has been called the Sherburn Hill Methodist Church.
Sherburn Hill Colliery opened in 1835, owned then by the Earl of Durham. By the 1890's it was owned by Lambton Collieries Ltd, and the pit employed 300 men and boys, producing 400 tons of coal per day. By 1914 there were 1,260 people employed at the colliery (1,071 working below ground, and 189 on the surface). In 1923 the colliery came under the ownership of Dorman, Long & Co. Ltd. The colliery consistently employed over a thousand people during the 20th century up to 1964. Sherburn Hill Colliery closed on the 7th of August 1965.
Related locations in Durham:
More of tonight for Sherburn Hill:
Sherburn Hill: 54.783333, -1.483333
- Pantomime in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Pubs in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Radio in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Religious Events in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Restaurants in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Rugby in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Snowing in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Sports in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Spring Equinox in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight
- Student Clubbing in Sherburn Hill, Durham tonight