Whats going on tonight?
Football in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the East Dunbartonshire area for "Football" of Milngavie. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Milngavie, Hillfoot, Hillfoots, Kirkintilloch, Kirkintillock, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Milngavie. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Milngavie for Football
Milngavie ( (listen) mil-GHY; Scots: Mulguye, Scottish Gaelic: Muileann-Gaidh) is a town in East Dunbartonshire, Scotland and a suburb of Glasgow. It is on the Allander Water, at the northwestern edge of Greater Glasgow, and about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) from Glasgow city centre. It neighbours Bearsden. Milngavie is a commuter town, with much of its working population travelling to Glasgow to work or study. The town is served by Milngavie railway station on the North Clyde Line of the SPT rail network, which links it to Central Glasgow. The town was formerly served by routes 13 and 14 of the once extensive Glasgow tramway system. Tramway services in Milngavie were withdrawn in 1956; the entire system was dismantled by September 1962.
The town is a very popular retirement location, with an unusually high proportion of elderly. In 2018 the Scottish Government published statistics for the town showing that the population increased to 13,537 in 6,062 households.The Milngavie and Bearsden Herald, owned by Johnston Press, is a weekly newspaper that covers local events from the schools, town halls, community and government in the area. The paper was established in 1901 and is printed every Wednesday, to be sold on Thursdays.
Currently the town is perhaps best known as the start of the West Highland Way long distance footpath which runs northwards for 154 kilometres (96 mi) to the town of Fort William. A granite obelisk in the town centre marks the official starting point of the footpath.
I’ve recently been nostalgic for terrestrial TV coverage of European football. Midweek I wanted to sit down to the… t.co/47Ft2IjhA4
Related locations in East Dunbartonshire:
More of tonight for Milngavie:
Milngavie: 55.933333, -4.316667
- Boutique Hotels in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Brexit in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Burns Night in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Chinese New Year in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Christmas in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Christmas Breaks in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire tonight