Whats going on tonight?
Football in Balallan, Eilean Siar, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Eilean Siar area for "Football" of Balallan. Featuring football, soccer, league, championship and Football in Balallan, North Tolsta, Obbe, Obe, Paible, Pollachar, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Balallan. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Balallan for Football
Balallan (Scottish Gaelic: Baile Ailein, Bail' Ailein), meaning "Allan's Town", is a crofting township on the Isle of Lewis, in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. Balallan is within the parish of Lochs.The township has the distinction of being the longest village (4 miles or 6 kilometres from end to end) in Lewis, and also in northern Scotland. Straggled along the head of a long sea loch between Arivruach and Laxay, it developed due to a mixture of crofting along the loch shore and fishing. It sits at the head of Loch Erisort.
Those on the loch side were each given direct access to the loch for their boats as well as access to the moorland behind for their sheep. They also attended to their croft, given relative shelter from the elements by the high ground to the west.
The village formerly had a police house, and currently houses a post office.
Just south of the village there is a cairn that stands as a memorial to the Deer Park Raiders. It is one of three Land Struggle cairns to have been commissioned on the Isle of Lewis.
Related locations in Eilean Siar:
More of tonight for Balallan:
Balallan: 58.083333, -6.583333
- Flooding in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Freshers Week in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Fund Raising in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- General Election in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Halloween in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Holidays in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Horse Racing in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Hotels in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Balallan, Eilean Siar tonight