Whats going on tonight?
Freshers Week in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Argyll and Bute area for "Freshers Week" of Auchenbreck. Featuring freshers week, welcome week, university start dates, first year students, local freshers guide, social schedule, students society, metropolitan, friends, freshman, band, bands, gig, gigs, djs, clubs, bars and Freshers Week in Auchenbreck, Kilmartin, Kilmelfort, Kilmichael Glassary, Kilmichael Inverlussa, Kilmichael, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Auchenbreck. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Auchenbreck for Freshers Week
Auchenbreck Castle; (or Auchinbreck) is located on the Cowal peninsula, in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. Its remains are situated in Kilmodan parish, near the mouth of Glendaruel, 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) north of Tighnabruaich on the Cowal peninsula. Little remains of the castle, other than a flat rectangular platform, around 35 by 18 metres (115 by 59 ft), between Auchenbreck farmhouse and the Auchenbreck Burn. This is partially bounded by a revetment wall up to 2.2 metres (7 ft 3 in) high.The castle was held by the Campbells of Auchinbreck, a branch of the Clan Campbell descended from Duncan, a younger son of Duncan Campbell, 1st Lord Campbell. He was granted lands near Dunoon in 1435, and further lands in Glassary. By the 16th century, the family were known as "of Auchinbreck", and the castle appears on Timothy Pont's map of the late 16th century. Around 1703 the castle was purchased by John Fullarton, former minister of Kilmodan, and later Bishop of Edinburgh. Fullarton renamed the estate Greenhall, and was the last person to live in the castle. When the estate was sold in 1728, after Fullarton's death, it included a mansion which may have been built from the stones of the castle. The castle itself was in its current ruined state by 1870.
Related locations in Argyll and Bute:
More of tonight for Auchenbreck:
Auchenbreck: 55.983333, -5.166667
- Bank Holiday in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Bars in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Black Friday in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Bonfire Night in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Book Launch in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Boutique Hotels in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Boxing Day Sales in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Brexit in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Burns Night in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight
- Chinese New Year in Auchenbreck, Argyll and Bute tonight