Whats going on tonight?
Halloween in Strangford, Ards, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Ards area for "Halloween" of Strangford. Featuring halloween, all hallows eve, spooky, ghosts, fancy dres, all saints eve, all hallows day, hallowtide, 31st october and Halloween in Strangford, Greyabbey, Kearney, Kearny, Killinchy, Kircubbin, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Strangford. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Strangford for Halloween
Strangford (from Old Norse Strangr-fjǫrðr, meaning 'strong fjord') is a small village at the mouth of Strangford Lough in County Down, Northern Ireland. It has a population of 475 according to the 2001 Census.
On the other side of the lough is Portaferry. Transport NI, an executive agency of the Department for Infrastructure, operates the Portaferry - Strangford Ferry service across Strangford Lough between the villages of Strangford and Portaferry. To travel the distance between Strangford and Portaferry by road is approximately 75 kilometres and takes about an hour and a half by car. By contrast, the ferry route is approximately 0.6 nautical miles (1.1 km) with a typical crossing time of about 8 minutes. The village has a small harbour, which is overlooked by rows of 19th-century cottages and a fine Georgian terrace.
Related locations in Ards:
More of tonight for Strangford:
Strangford: 54.366667, -5.500000
- Festivals in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Firework Displays in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Fitness in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Flooding in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Football in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Freshers Week in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Fund Raising in Strangford, Ards tonight
- General Election in Strangford, Ards tonight
- Holidays in Strangford, Ards tonight