Whats going on tonight?
Holidays in East Portlemouth, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Holidays" of East Portlemouth. Featuring staycation, holidays at home, uk holidays, mini break, super breaks, alternative to hotels, unique accommodations, lodging, primarily homestays, tourism experiences and Holidays in East Portlemouth, Kelly, Kennerleigh, Kentisbeare, Kentisbury, Kenton, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in East Portlemouth. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in East Portlemouth for Holidays
East Portlemouth is a small Devon village situated at the southern end of the Kingsbridge Estuary, on the south Devon Coast. The population of this parish taken at the 2011 census was 162. The village is sited on a hill giving views to the north to Kingsbridge and on a clear day as far as Dartmoor. There is a small ferry that runs to Salcombe and a beach that is popular with holidaymakers.
The place-name 'Portlemouth' is first attested in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it appears as Porlamuta. This is thought to derive from the Old English Portwellan-mutha, meaning 'mouth of the port well', that is to say 'mouth of the harbour stream', the village being at the mouth of a river.The village is popular with celebrities as a second-home base, where home owners include Steve Rider, Kate Bush and Michael Parkinson.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for East Portlemouth:
East Portlemouth: 50.233333, -3.750000
- Brexit in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Burns Night in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Chinese New Year in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Breaks in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Markets in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight
- Christmas Party in East Portlemouth, Devon tonight