Whats going on tonight?
Horse Racing in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Buckinghamshire area for "Horse Racing" of Kingsey. Featuring horse, racing, jockey, royal-ascot, grand-national and Horse Racing in Kingsey, Brill, Buckingham, Buckland, Bucks, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Kingsey. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Kingsey for Horse Racing
Kingsey is a small village and civil parish in Aylesbury Vale district in Buckinghamshire, England. It is near the boundary with Oxfordshire, about two miles east of Thame and a mile south of Haddenham.
The village toponym is of 12th-century origin and means 'king's island', referring to a piece of dry land that belonged to the king in the marshes that were once common in this part of the country. In 1174 the village was called Eya, meaning 'island', though by 1192 it had gained its more modern name of Kingesie. This leads historians to believe that the village is named after King Richard I of England.
Kingsey was transferred to Buckinghamshire from Oxfordshire in 1933, effectively being swapped for Towersey.Historically people from this village and those surrounding it were known by the derogatory term 'wetfeet', because of the high water table of the area leading to the ground being so waterlogged.
Grade 1 listed Tythrop Park in Kingsey is listed as having an early duck decoy similar to that in Boarstall Duck Decoy in Buckinghamshire. (Location map)
Related locations in Buckinghamshire:
More of tonight for Kingsey:
Kingsey: 51.750000, -0.916667
- Sports in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Spring Equinox in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Student Clubbing in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Summer Solstice in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Super Saturday in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Takeaway in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Tennis in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Thanksgiving in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- Theatre in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight
- TV in Kingsey, Buckinghamshire tonight