Whats going on tonight?
Hotels in Silton, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Hotels" of Silton. Featuring stay, hotel, bed and breakfasts, motels, events, accommodation and Hotels in Silton, Askerswell, Batcombe, Beaminster, Bere Regis, Bincombe, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Silton. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Silton for Hotels
Silton is a small village and civil parish in north Dorset, England, situated in the Blackmore Vale 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of Gillingham. In the 2011 census the civil parish had 57 households and a population of 123.In 1086 Silton was recorded in the Domesday Book as Seltone; it had 16 households, 11.5 ploughlands, 28 acres (11 ha) of meadow and 4 mills. It was in the hundred of Gillingham and the tenant-in-chief was William of Falaise. This original settlement was near the church, on a low ridge between the River Stour and a minor tributary to the southwest.Silton was for many years the country residence of Sir Hugh Wyndham (1602-1684), whose memorial by the sculptor Jan van Nost is in the parish church of St Nicholas. Wyndham's Oak, an historic tree named after Wyndham, stands nearby.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Silton:
Silton: 51.062222, -2.313056
- Holidays in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Horse Racing in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Ibiza 2016 in Silton, Dorset tonight
- January Sales in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Kavos 2016 in Silton, Dorset tonight
- LGBT Events in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Live in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Magaluf 2016 in Silton, Dorset tonight
- Malia 2016 in Silton, Dorset tonight