Whats going on tonight?
Kavos 2016 in Princetown, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Kavos 2016" of Princetown. Featuring Kavos 2016, hot in Corfu, blue lagoon, Trinity Club, Madisons, Quayside Village, Snobs, Atlantis, Super Paint Party and Kavos 2016 in Princetown, Newton Saint Cyres, Newton Saint Petrock, Northam, North Bovey, Northcott, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Princetown. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Princetown for Kavos 2016
Princetown is a village in the Dartmoor national park in the English county of Devon. It is the principal settlement of the civil parish of Dartmoor Forest.
The village has its origins in 1785, when Sir Thomas Tyrwhitt, Secretary to the Prince of Wales, leased a large area of moorland from the Duchy of Cornwall estate, hoping to convert it into good farmland. He encouraged people to live in the area and suggested that a prison be built there. He called the settlement Princetown after the Prince of Wales.
Princetown is the site of Dartmoor Prison. At around 1,430 feet (435 m) above sea level, it is the highest settlement on the moor, and one of the highest in the United Kingdom. It is also the largest settlement located on the high moor. The Princetown Railway, closed in 1956, was also the highest railway line in England: its Princetown terminus was also 1,430 feet above sea level.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Princetown:
Princetown: 50.550000, -4.000000
- Exhibitions in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Family Events in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Festivals in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Firework Displays in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Fitness in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Flooding in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Football in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Freshers Week in Princetown, Devon tonight
- Fund Raising in Princetown, Devon tonight
- General Election in Princetown, Devon tonight