Whats going on tonight?
Kavos 2016 in Upottery, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Kavos 2016" of Upottery. Featuring Kavos 2016, hot in Corfu, blue lagoon, Trinity Club, Madisons, Quayside Village, Snobs, Atlantis, Super Paint Party and Kavos 2016 in Upottery, Harberton, Harford, Hartland, Hatherleigh, Hawkchurch, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Upottery. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Upottery for Kavos 2016
RAF Upottery (also known as Smeatharpe) is a former World War II airfield in East Devon, England. The airfield is located near the village of Upottery, approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north-northeast of the town of Honiton.
Opened in 1944, it was used by the Royal Air Force, United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) and United States Navy. During the war it was used primarily as a transport airfield and for antisubmarine patrols. It was closed in 1948 after the end of the war and today the remains of the airfield are located on private property being used as agricultural fields.
Upottery received much attention in 2001 when it appeared in the first episode of the television mini-series Band of Brothers. It was from Upottery that Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division boarded Douglas C-47 transports and made their first combat jump into Normandy on 6 June 1944.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Upottery:
Upottery: 50.866667, -3.133333
- DJs in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Easter in Upottery, Devon tonight
- EU Election in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Events in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Exhibitions in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Family Events in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Festivals in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Firework Displays in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Fitness in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Flooding in Upottery, Devon tonight