Whats going on tonight?
Pancake Day in Upottery, Devon, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Devon area for "Pancake Day" of Upottery. Featuring pancake, day, pancake day, shrove, shrove tuesday, february, march, shrive, confes and Pancake Day in Upottery, Zeal Monachorum, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Upottery. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Upottery for Pancake Day
RAF Upottery (also known as Smeatharpe) is a former World War II airfield in East Devon, England. The airfield is located near the village of Upottery, approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north-northeast of the town of Honiton.
Opened in 1944, it was used by the Royal Air Force, United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) and United States Navy. During the war it was used primarily as a transport airfield and for antisubmarine patrols. It was closed in 1948 after the end of the war and today the remains of the airfield are located on private property being used as agricultural fields.
Upottery received much attention in 2001 when it appeared in the first episode of the television mini-series Band of Brothers. It was from Upottery that Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division boarded Douglas C-47 transports and made their first combat jump into Normandy on 6 June 1944.
Related locations in Devon:
More of tonight for Upottery:
Upottery: 50.866667, -3.133333
- Radio in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Religious Events in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Restaurants in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Rugby in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Snowing in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Sports in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Spring Equinox in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Student Clubbing in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Summer Solstice in Upottery, Devon tonight
- Super Saturday in Upottery, Devon tonight