Whats going on tonight?
Radio in Witchampton, Dorset, UK - Find out whats going on tonight in the Dorset area for "Radio" of Witchampton. Featuring fm, am, radio, dab, digital and Radio in Witchampton, West Chickerel, West Compton Abbas, West Compton, West Lulworth, Weston, and includes local tweets, a map and local events in Witchampton. Are you #in2nite or #out2nite in Witchampton for Radio
Witchampton is a village and civil parish in East Dorset, England, situated on the River Allen 5 miles (8 km) north of Wimborne Minster. The 2011 census recorded a population of 398.Witchampton lies close to where the dip slope of the chalk hills of Cranborne Chase is overlain by newer deposits of London Clay. Although Witchampton is sited within the area of the chalk, where cob and thatch are the traditional building materials, the nearness of the clay has resulted in many of the older houses in the village being built from brick. The early 16th-century Abbey House contains some of the earliest brickwork in the county.To the northeast of the village there used to be a paper mill by the river. In 1980 it was described by writer Roland Gant as a "discreet industrial oasis in an agricultural plain". It had been in operation since the early 18th century, but has now been converted to residential accommodation.11th-century whalebone chess pieces have been found within the parish, and are some of the best surviving early English chess pieces.
Related locations in Dorset:
More of tonight for Witchampton:
Witchampton: 50.850000, -2.016667
- Christmas Late Night Shopping in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Lights Switch On in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Mad Friday in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Markets in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Christmas Party in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Cinema in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Clubbing in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Comedy in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Concerts in Witchampton, Dorset tonight
- Coronavirus in Witchampton, Dorset tonight